Young Bangla in partnership with Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources (MoPEMR) is jointly offering Vision 2021 Internship Program for the duration between Sept. and Dec 2016. This internship program is seeking for applications from the qualified and competent students who will get chance to gain first-hand experience through your work in different divisions and departments under the Ministry.
Following are details on the requirements of the deserving candidates and nature of the scheme.
Idea & Objective
The idea of an internship program in the ministry has been brought by Young Bangla platform, aiming at the engagement of youth in the national development process. The secretariat of Young Bangla, the Centre for Research and Information (CRI), is approaching to make a link between brilliant young minds and ministries of the country, Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources (MoPEMR) is one of them. This internship program will provide an opportunity for the potential young people of the country who possess the qualities to serve the nation directly. The internship program will provide the promising scholars with an excellent opportunity to familiarize them with the ministerial process.
The candidates should at least have a Graduation in Engineering of EEE, ME, CE, CSE, Petroleum and Mining Engineering (PME) or Masters in any subject of Science/ Arts/ Commerce Background. Students of final semester in Honors/Masters can apply too.
The initial duration of Internship is 4 months. The tentative month is September to start & end at December. However, it can be extended according to their need as suggested & recommended by their respective supervisor.
Interested students can upload their CVs and other necessary documents to the Young Bangla. Later on, the selected candidate will be required to produce a permission letter from their Supervisor/Head of Department, in case he/she is interested to join internship during their course-work.
All the applications will be scrutinized by a Selection Committee and the actual offer will be sent to the selected candidates subject to the availability of slot, consent of the concerned Division and approval of the competent Authority.
The internship candidates (only Bangladeshi citizens) will have to face an Interview Viva Voce for preliminary selection in Young Bangla. Power Cell, Power Division will conduct necessary arrangement for final selection in this regard. After completion of selection procedure, the interns will be given attachment to the different utilities of Ministry of Power, Energy & Mineral Resources according to their needs & demand.
Remuneration of interns: The remuneration of the individual interns which can be provided per month is BDT 7000/=.
Potential departments of placement
1) All utilities under Power Ministry like DPDC, DESCO, BPDB, BREB, WZPDCL, RPCL, APSCL etc. & Different Companies. (2)Energy & Mineral Resources Division: Petrobangla, Bapex & under Different Companies of Oil and Gas Corporation.
The internship candidates will have to work anywhere in the country. To supervise the interns there will be a supervisor from each entity to be selected by the respective entity.
Submission of report
The interns will be required to present a report/paper at the end of their internship to the concerned Head of Division/ Utility e.g. Managing Director after having accepted by the Ministry. The report/paper will also be submitted as an individual or in a group depending on the assignment at the end of their internship to the Ministry as well as to CRI (Young Bangla)
Supervision of Interns
As the supervisor will monitor the activities and look after the interns, same supervisor will continue for the whole internship period unless there is any unavoidable circumstances. The supervisor will assign tasks to the interns on behalf of the utility. The supervisor should be well conversant, experienced and also reputed in the concern topic assigned to the intern
Orientation of interns
Before the placement of the interns it needs to groom them up concerning the code of conducts, job description, application with Young Bangla & CRI and other terms and regulations. The orientation would be arranged by CRI & groomers would be from CRI, Ministries and other corporate levels.
Certificate of internship
The certificate will be issued to the interns on satisfactory completion of their internship and on submission of their report/paper and its evaluation by the concern utility head.
1. Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, which includes arriving on time for designated work, notifying the utility supervisor of any deviations from the established schedule, and dressing to the standards of the organization and the work being performed.
2. Respect the organization’s reporting structure and follow the policies and procedures of the organization.
3. Communicate effectively with the utility supervisor and the focal point of Young Bangla; accept and apply critiques and suggestions to daily work.
4. Maintain Activity Log Book. Complete and discuss with the utility supervisor the final evaluations.
5. Appreciate diversity in all of its forms and respect various social and political viewpoints; do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, nation/ethnic origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
6. Maintain and follow the organizational norms, behavior and etiquette as well.
Do not participate in any subversive activities to the state or of discipline.